The recipe is easy. Buy a bag of frozen Raspberries, your favorite Cocoa mix and a good Vodka. Don't be cheap on the Vodka, the flavor comes through and cheap Vodka will make it taste bad.
Here is the step by step process:
- Blend 1 cup of Blackberries with a quarter cup of sugar and two tablespoons of Cocoa. The blending will liquefy the sugar and cocoa.
- Strain the mixture through cheese cloth into a bowl.
- Add the bottle of Vodka to the mixture and stir.
- Use a funnel and add back to the Vodka bottle. You will have some left over, so be prepared with another bottle, or mason jar.
- When it runs low, pull the remaining mixture and add it back to the Vodka bottle.
- Chill. You will need to shake the bottle prior to pour.
Note: Using a lot of sugar without cocoa makes this taste like cough medicine. The magic comes from the combination that includes the cocoa mix. If you decide to make this without the cocoa, use the sugar sparingly to slightly accent the fresh raspberries.